Storm Proxies is one of the best proxy services available on the internet with a vast variety of proxy packages tailored for multiple kinds of users. In this guide, I’ll tell you how to use Storm Proxies on your desktop as well as your smartphone.
How to Set Up Storm Proxies Account?
- Visit the official Storm Proxies website, the first thing you need to do is select and buy a proxy package. The website offers a lot of different kinds of proxies in a different price range. Pick one that suits your needs.
- Once you’ve purchased the package, the next step is to log into your storm proxies account with the help of your username and password.
- Next, enter your device’s IP address in the “Enter Authorized IPs” box. You can find your current IP address at the top right corner; in case you want to use the same device for a proxy that you are using for login. If you want to use a different device, you can find out its IP address by visiting WhatIsMyIPAddress on that device.
- Choose your proxy location.
- Choose a Gateway. Storm Proxies offers three different kinds of Gateways:
- Main Gateway: It changes the IP address on every HTTP request. It’s most suitable for activities like scrapping Search Engines.
- 3 Minutes Gateway: It changes the IP address every 3 minutes. It’s suitable for activities like account registration, visiting social websites, or even regular web browsing.
- 15 Minutes Gateway: It changes the IP address every 15 minutes. It is suitable for websites that require logging in and doing browsing for long sessions.
- The final step is to save all the changes. It takes up to 15 minutes for it to configure and save the settings.
How to Use Storm Proxies on Your Desktop?
Now, that you have the proxy IP, the next step is to use it to go anonymous on the internet. The easiest way to do so is to use this proxy IP in a web browser. I’ll use the Google Chrome browser as it is the most popular and used web browser at the moment to show you the required steps.
- Open Google Chrome on your desktop.
- Click the Chrome menu, which is at the top-right corner of the window and then click on settings.
- Next, search for “proxy settings” in the search bar at the top, and then click on the “Open proxy setting” option.
- A new window will pop up on the screen. On this new window, choose the Connections tab and then click on LAN settings.
- Now, another window will pop up on the screen. Tick the “Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections)” box under Proxy settings.
- The next step is to enter the IP address and Port in the respective fields that you got from Storm Proxies after setting up your account.
- Once done, click OK on all the open windows to save the new changes.
- Try to visit any website for the first time and a prompt will appear on the screen asking for login and password details. Enter your Storm Proxies account credentials and you are good to go.
For faster proxy settings management, you can also use a browser extension like FoxyProxy standard that’s available for free in the Chrome Web Store.
How to Use Storm Proxies on Your Smartphone?
You just read above how easy it is to set up a proxy IP on your desktop. Well, setting it up on your Android smartphone isn’t much difficult either. Here’s how.
- Open your Android’s System Settings and tap on “Network & Internet”.
- Next, tap on “Mobile network”.
- On the next screen, tap on “Advanced”.
- Tap on “Access Point Names”.
- Next, tap on the APN which you are currently using.
- The next step is to enter the proxy IP address, port, username, and password in Proxy, Port, Username, and Password field respectively.
- Save the changes using the menu button at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Turn your mobile data off and then turn it on.
- Open a web browser. You will get a popup asking for credentials. Enter your Storm Proxies username and password.
- Tap on “LOG IN”.
Proxies have always been the go-to option for bypassing region restrictions or going anonymous on the internet. Storm Proxies is a great option to get proxy IP addresses with ease. In case you are wondering, here’s our detailed storm proxies review which includes the different types of proxies it offers and their pricing plans and 50%storm proxies coupon